University of Botswana
HIV remains one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in Botswana. Improving the quality of care health professionals provide through their education at UB will help make strides towards epidemic control. There has been a significant lack of IPE in HCP programs at UB and the implementation of STRIPE HIV has provided an avenue for more effectively integrating IPE into the curriculum and to help bring HCPs up-to-date with current best practices in patient-centered HIV care.
- 31 facilitators trained to lead 9 workshops
- 189 pre-service learners, 118 postgraduate learners, 307 learners trained to deliver high quality, team-based HIV care
- Developed mobile app to increase access to STRIPE HIV training, especially in the context of COVID-19.
- Promoted IPE across University health care departments and faculties.
- Dr. Keneilwe Motlhatlhedi, Co-PI and Training Coordinator
- Dr. Nthabiseng Phaladze, Co-PI
- Dr. Mosepele Mosepele
- Malebogo Masono, Co-Finance Administrator
- Ari Ho-Foster, Co-Finance Administrator
- Dr. Mmoloki Molwantwa, eLearning Coordinator