University of Nairobi
Kenya Interprofessional Training in HIV (KIT-HIV) is hosted at the University of Nairobi and includes partnerships with 3 Kenyan public universities, including Kenyatta, Jomo Kenyatta, and Maseno. The KIT-HIV program enhances the interprofessional training of health professionals and aims to improve the quality of care for patients with HIV.
The KIT-HIV program facilitates an interdisciplinary approach in HIV training by bringing together students who have just completed their undergraduate studies at schools of medicine, pharmacy, nursing, and other professions. The training prepares learners for what happens in a real setting and builds team cohesiveness for the benefit of the patients.
- 16 facilitators trained to lead 3 workshops
- 394 learners (300 pre-service, 94 postgraduate) trained to deliver high-quality team-based HIV care
- Developed interprofessional approach to learning to encourage teamwork
- Dr. Onesmus Gachuno, Co-PI
- Dr. Patrick Mburugu, Co-PI and eLearning Coordinator
- George Wambiri, Finance Administrator
- Ms. Ruth Emboyoga Mbuthia, Training Coordinator