2. Co-Morbidities in a Patient with Well Controlled HIV
The goal of this session is to prepare learners to evaluate for, prevent, and manage cardio-metabolic complications in people with HIV. The session exemplifies team-based approaches to chronic disease management.
By the end of the module, the learner will be able to:
1. Identify common cardiovascular disease risk factors among people with HIV (PWH)
2. Apply risk prediction tools to estimate cardiovascular risk in a patient.
3. Develop and explain recommendations to optimize a patient’s cardiovascular health using an interprofessional team-based approach
4. Identify drug-drug interactions between Antiretroviral Therapy and pharmacologic agents used to prevent and treat cardio-metabolic conditions
5. Recognize the negative impact of CVD on long-term outcomes of PWH
6. Appreciate other non-communicable diseases experienced by PWH.