5. Care of the Adolescent Girl at Risk for HIV
The goal of this module is to prepare learners to recognize the unique aspects of caring for adolescent girls at risk for HIV and to provide team-based care for this patient population.
By the end of the module, the learner will be able to:
1. List biologic and socioeconomic factors that increase adolescents’ risk of HIV acquisition
2. Discuss non-judgmental strategies for taking a sexual history and recognize reasons why young women/adolescents may engage in high risk sexual practices
3. Compare multidisciplinary strategies to prevent HIV in adolescents
4. Summarize interprofessional strategies to address gender-based violence (GBV) at the community level
5. Describe the evaluation and management of vaginal discharge